If you are an expat working in the UAE, you should know that the country is very strict when it comes to labor laws. Everything that relates to your employment here is essential. However, there are still people who take advantage of other expats by scamming them. You will discover a lot of that on the internet.
There are expats and new applicants who are falling into the trap of these scams and most of the reasons are related to work, investment, visit, residence, and other legal purposes. Visa fraud is becoming common and in this article, you will learn how to avoid them.
Visa fraud is increasing and the basic way you can avoid that is to become aware. You need the necessary information so you can easily distinguish if someone is trying to scam you or not. If you become an ignorant expat, you will likely meet more than one scam in your life. Working and living in the UAE should be easy. Don’t let fake recruiters and visa processors take your money. There are ways to get rid of them. Follow the 15 tips we have to prevent scams from getting near you.
How to avoid UAE Employment Visa and Dubai Visa Fraud
Here are the 15 tips we have for you. Make sure to consider them when you are applying for a job or a current expat in the UAE.
- There is an offer letter being given to someone who is offered a job in the UAE. If a person is recruiting you for a job, he/she must give this letter to you with the permit of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE) in the UAE.
- If you are a potential employee or an applicant, you should check and verify the validity of the job offer with your embassy in the UAE. Take note that a legal job offer number starts with (ST) followed by the number digits. This number can also be verified on the website of MOHRE to check the validity of the employer.
- When signing the offer letter, you must ensure that the employment visa is sent to you before you fly in the UAE.
- If someone tells you that you can work with a visit or tourist permit or visa, don’t fall into the trap. In the UAE, you don’t have the right to work if you only possess this type of visa. You will face charges, deportation, and pay penalties if this happens.
- Your sponsor or your employer is the one responsible for all the recruitment expenses. This is according to the UAE Labor Law.
- Check is the company legally exists. The UAE Authorities allows you to search the company in English and Arabic on the website of the National Economic register. You can also get the details of the company through that.
- You should keep the contacts of MoHRE in case of employment inquiries and emergencies. You can contact them at email@example.com or 0097168027666.
- You should verify the entry permit or visa issued to you from Dubai. You can utilize the GDRFA’s website.
- If your entry permit or visa is issued from Abu Dhabi, Umm Al Quwain, Sharjah, Fujairah, or Ras Al Khaimah, you should check the validity of your document through the eChannels platform provided by the UAE website.
- Your tourist visa should only be issued by UAE-based airline companies, travel agencies, and UAE-based hotels. Some of the airlines include Fly Dubai, Emirates, and Ari Arabia.
- You should be aware of the process of the issuance of visas and entry permits from Dubai.
- The UAE government made the Amer’s chat service to help expats and applicants get more information about their visas and entry permits from Dubai.
- The eChannels platform on the website of the UAE can also be used to get more information about your visas and entry permits from other emirates such as Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah, Sharjah, and Fujairah.
- There is no independent employment visa in the UAE. You should be able to work for a sponsor or an employer in the country. Your work visa for a certain employer is still subject to the approval of MoHRE.
- Your residence visa is not allowed to be processed if you are outside the UAE. You will only be issued of the visa once you enter the UAE using your entry permit.
These are the top 15 things you should consider if you want to avoid getting scammed by fraud recruiters in the UAE. There will be people who will try to get your information and money, especially online. You should not let that happen. Always feed yourself with the right information regarding the UAE Labor Laws. And, don’t forget to share this with your family and friends!